Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lover of My Soul

Lover of my soul
How deeply you move me
Into the depths of who you are.
You have stolen my heart, mind, and soul
Holding them captive in the midst of Your Presence.
My lover, my all
You have shown me the heart and truth of Your nature
That covers me ever so sweetly.
It heals all the heartache and steals all the pain
Giving me freedom to live a new day.
Heart beating wildly, holding me close
I know with my all You will never let me go.
My King and my Saviour
You move in a way
That continually brings me to my knees as I pray
Worshipping, praising, and laying it all
Down at your feet, to your throne I do call.
My new life has begun
So beautifully made.
I am your daughter, a beautiful pearl,
Refined by your hand, nurtured, and loved.
My name is no longer of this world
But is in the name of Your Kingdom.
Mighty as a sword,
I am ready to wield this power and strength
That I alone bear.
The joy in my heart
Breaks chains by Your hand.
The peace I possess
Makes the whole world behold
The beauty of your grace.
The freedom I carry
Sets the saints to praise.
The light in my life
Rips the darkness away.
This poem is something that I wrote quite awhile ago but it still rings true today and forever. My Papa is someone worthy of praise through every medium. He is magnificent and wonderful. I have been long wondering what it truly meant to fall in love with the Lord, give it all away, be his disciple, and carry the light of Jesus. It is all a process of becoming whole in the midst of brokeness, surrendering everything you think you are, everything you truly are, and the entirety of yourself at His feet, willing to do whatever it takes to carry out the name of Jesus in this world. How sweet the love of my Papa is and how gently he cares for me. He does not want any harm to come to me and all he wants is to pour out His goodness on my life and the whole universe.
I just want you to stop and think of who God is to you and who he has made you to be. What that looks like in daily life and what call he has placed in your life. He cares about you more than you can ever know. Just let your Papa love on you whether its been quite some time, a day, a month, an hour, or never. Enjoy Him because he delights in you!
I hope this was enjoyable and in some way, shape, or form relevant to your life.
May the Lord bless and keep you. May the Lord cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May he give you peace. =) love you all!

No comments: