Thursday, January 19, 2012

On the Feet of a Father

At this moment I am reminded of when I was a little girl. I would go visit my grandparents, though I understood not how precious that time was. Today, I sit here as a woman who learned much from her grandparents love for one another and specifically my grandfather's heart for his granddaughters. Oh how I miss him and his joy, his laughter; the tears it brings. 

The day of his funeral my cousin Jared brought a picture he had drawn, a picture of a little girl standing on a grandfather's feet. It was a perfect memory that each of us granddaughter's had. My grandfather would take us, put our feet on his, and dance to a tune all his own. A song he made up just for those moments. I am so glad I have those moments because they are perfect reminders of the Father's love for us.

My grandfather placed me on his feet that he may lead, that I may follow. I believe the Father does also. He places our feet on His feet. He leads us in a dance all His own to a song special for each son or daughter. Its a beautiful dance, a journey unique to each of us. I believe that the Lord wants to meet each of His children in this way. He calls us to himself and asks us to be His, to give everything in return for life and life abundantly. 

Let go and dance with the Father. Let Him love you deeply and call you unto Himself. It is a journey of guidance, faith, hope, mystery, depth, purpose, calling, glory, joy, laughter, trials, temptations, grace, mercy, power, Spirit, growth, intimacy, and LOVE. That sounds like a beautiful journey to me. 



 “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. 10 When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love." -John 15:9-10

Rest in that Scripture. Meditate on it.

No comments: