Monday, April 6, 2009

Life is Crazy!

So I haven't been writing as much these last few weeks. I have had a lot going on and I guess writing on here would have helped but I just never did. I have been trying to figure out how to deal what is going on in my life right now and I know that God is the only option. I have been struggling to jump head first into a relationship with God. The other night at SlowBurn God really spoke to me. The last two weeks has been really taxing on my emotions, partly because I put all the burden on me and partly because I am/was at a breaking point.

I know now that all I can do is push through because at the end of this dark tunnel is a bright light that is full of peace. I am missing that at the moment or at times. I am trying to deal with a situation in a way God would find pleasing but that can only happen if I prepare my heart and mind. Set my heart on what is "right and true." I always go back to Philippians 4:6-8 because it is sort of my verse for life. It sums up how much faith we are to have in God and what we are to set our hearts on. How amazing!

Right now I feel like my heart has broken into pieces but I know that God is a God who mends. He will build me up from right now. I know in my heart of hearts and because God told me that all of this is happening for a reason that is unknown to me at the moment. I know that I need to lean in and dance with my Father. He will lift me out of the pit...give me strength. He told me that he has given me what I need and I need to look at it and use it.

In Psalm 56, it says this: " 3 But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 4 I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?....

8 You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.

9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
This I know: God is on my side!
10 I praise God for what he has promised;
Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

12 I will fulfill my vows to you, O God,
and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.
13 For you have rescued me from death;
you have kept my feet from slipping.
So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
in your life-giving light.


This psalm is my prayer right now. It is very relevant to what is happening and what God is/has done for me. All I can is as verse 13 says..."walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light." How beautiful the psalms are. Last night Austin Cagle said that when you don't know what to pray...there is a psalm to pray and for me right now that is so true. I thank God for all he is doing and I pray he will prepare my heart to speak what I'm feeling without condemnation. I am going to continue to pray and dig into my word.


God Bless and Much love.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Megan I just thought I'd leave you a comment telling you how much I love reading your blog, and I love how honest you are with it.

You are right Megan- God is good! And he will pull you through! :)

Love you sweet girl!