Friday, January 22, 2010

At this moment I am supposed to be reading my book on Gender and Society for class but my mind is racing with millions of thoughts so I figured it was blog time...or at least a short bloglet.

Today has been an interesting and encouraging day. God is SO Good! Two amazing friends of mine called me to check in on me and see what God's up to in my life. Random. Perfect. Amazing. In this season I am growing a lot and learning what it means to be obedient and open my heart, eyes, ears, and mind to what He has for me. I cannot explain the words that have been spoken over me and that God has given me this past year. I sat down today and read all of them from the past year and they rocked my world.... God has constantly been reinforcing the same things in my life. There are several things he has made absolutely clear to me:

1. I am loved by my Daddy constantly and that will never cease.
2. He has placed a special joy and peace in me that he's going to use when I am ready.
3. I must sit at His feet and worship Him. Finding new and exciting things out about my Daddy.
4. I must surrender myself to him daily, letting him work through me, being obedient to his will.
5. He is slowly setting me ablaze with his holy fire so I need to wait and be patient.
6. I must stand my ground against Satan's attacks because they are going to be strong and hard.
7. All answers are in His Holy Word.
8. He is all powerful and His Spirit lives in me, giving me gifts and words for others.
9. It is absolutely necessary that I be in the presence of the Lord God Almighty daily...seeking new revelation, praising, and receiving his power.
10. HE IS GOOD and WILL NEVER FAIL ME!!!

These are not the only things God has shown and told me but they are essential in my walk with Him. God is willing to reveal himself to you. Like Matthew 7:7-8 says, "Keep on asking, and you will receive wat you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who ask, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." That is a very familiar Scripture to the majority of us Christians but really let it marinate in your spirit. Its not just a one time deal, its a daily deal. You cannot grow without asking, seeking, and knocking. It is essential that you do each of these things in every season of your life. Once God begins revealing the plans he has for you and you begin being obedient to him...begin to prepare for battle because when you begin gaining victories for God's Kingdom, Satan will do anything to make you stumble. Stand firm in God and on His Word.

That's all for now. Dig deep, fall in love, and find who you are in your Daddy.

Much LOVE.

1 comment:

nina.coyle said...

: ) Come on! Keep fighting, girl. I can't wait to see where else He brings you on this journey!