Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Day of Reflection.

So I have neglected to write the past few days due to business....

Today was a day of relaxation and I have had a lot of time to ponder on things. I have been trying so hard to find time to see where the heck my life is going. I honestly feel that I am losing myself in all the crazy stuff I do. Next semester I am packed with classes, work, and church. I have plans for every day of the week already except for Saturdays, which I can only imagine being busy as well. This holiday season is going by quickly but every second I can take for myself I am. I go go go all the time and don't take the time to really get into a relationship with God. This six months no dating thing seems to be my way out of a lot trouble. I am trying to let God take the reins which is harder than I thought.

I seem to find a guy I care about more than the others often. That is nothing that I should do. I was talking to a good friend the other day and he said that maybe I put myself in that position with guys because I am not able to have an active relationship with my father (been very ill since I was young). I told him that could be true except for the fact that I am closer to him than anyone else in my family. I go to him when I have a problem and hope he has a way to solve it. He has been a blessing to me as well as the rest of my family.

Something I have on my heart right now is finding a way to dig into the Junior Higher's lives at my church. At the junior high age a lot of influence is there. Those are the make or break years. They are the years where they kind of figure out where they are going in High school and who are going to become. I pray that every single kid in the junior high will be poured into and shown the Truth. They will know that it is not all about the fashion or who you are friends with but who THEY ARE and what they are ABOUT!

I pray that in this season lives are touched, people are changed, and the youth arise!!!!!

No comments: