Monday, December 15, 2008

A Good Smack in the Face


"You deserve a guy who absolutely loves you and desperately wants you, dont settle for someone who just likes you!" -A Close Friend.

"Love is what it is. There are no guidelines. I just don't want you taking someone who doesn't care about you as much as you do them."- A Close Friend.

This is the first time in my whole life that i felt that a friend knows exactly what to say. Six months no dating is a struggle when you like and care about someone and want to be with them. Then this is said to you and you second guess what's going on and realize that you are doing six months no dating to get away from exactly what you are throwing yourself into. I am so fortunate to have read those texts last night. They made me reevaluate what I am doing. I went into six months no dating so excited and it ended up being at this moment a "jail cell" to me.

I feel ridiculous for that way. This is my time to throw myself into my relationship with God and learn new things. Begin a journey all on my own not depending on pointless crushes that end up in heartache. GOD HAS THE PERFECT MAN FOR EVERY SINGLE GIRL! It might not be your best friend's idea of a perfect man but it will be yours. Your own PRINCE CHARMING! How happy that makes my heart.

Makes my heart break though when I think of all the time I have wasted on "boys" that wont last. Most girls go through life looking for their perfect guy, searching more like. We must be patient and wait for God to make that time happen. I mean mistakes should be made and things should happen so that you can grow. Hard times come so that you can persevere through them and figure out what to do.

I am so excited to dive into a relationship with God...HEAD FIRST!!! Praying, reading, worshipping continually, praising His name, and wanting to Fall in LOVE with him.

My advice to every single girl is to work on your relationship with your Heavenly Father and you will surely find the man that God has put here on this earth for you. Patience is key to all of this. And remember take chances with guys sometimes it wont kill you but you must not throw yourself fully into them. NEVER lose yourself and lose your relationship with God or friends for a guy. It is not worth it. It will never be. I have done it for the past few years and it just wears and tears on you. More heartbreak comes from it than anything. I promise you that. I just want you to know that God is with you and you have amazing friends around you that will tell you to not waste your time on him....they are usually right. Friends see the flaws we choose to look past...and sometimes we know those flaws but we choose to see past them. Flaws are in every person for sure but that doesn't mean that some of them are completely acceptable. Some are so huge its like a log in the middle of the road, others are like speed bumps. Choose your battles wisely...PRAY!

Good luck and trust in God.

No comments: