Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting a Grip

It absolutely amazes me at how much God will speak to you when you least expect it. I am super excited about gaining knowledge and wisdom from reading. I guess growing up I never realized the power of a book. It influences, challenges, and gets your creativity/imagination going which in my eyes is super important. The biggest thing out of those three is the challenges that come. In For This I Was Born, I realized and am realizing how small my own self is. I am a beautiful woman in Christ and within all of that I am who I am. I am finding my identity so to speak.

One question that this book asks is, "Are you willing to let your visioin die for the cause of Christ?" I stopped and thought to myself, "Am I living for my own selfish vision or am I letting God's cause take hold of my life and living for the vision He has placed in my heart?" I will be asking myself this question for the weeks to come as I discover who Christ has called me to be. I am proud to be a woman of God who is beautiful in his eyes.

So many emotions fill me when I think of living for His Kingdom and giving it all to Him. The biggest emotion that seems to fill my heart is happiness or joy. I cannot stop smiling knowing that I am called to a greater purpose than my own. The next part is a lot harder though. I may know that but I must truly grasp that and live it...not just go through the motions of knowing.

I am here to say to every single person, "You may live your life knowing that God has called you to great things, but unless you embrace that and live life for His Kingdom then it is a waste. He wants you to know that your beauty and heart will be seen by all if you only live for Him, for His Cause." I pray that God will touch your heart and that he will continue break down all of the insecurities, pain, sadness, etc. that you feel. Like I just told my friend, do not let the small things keep you from seeing the big picture. I have in the past and all it did was complicate things and make life more difficult. Life is not about proving yourself to the world. The world tells us how to eat, how to dress, how much to weigh, what's in and what's not, who we should be friends with, that we need to change to fit in and THOSE ARE ALL LIES!!! None of that is important, none of it matters.Pleasing the world is something that everyone falls into at one time or another. It might not be society but a group of people that you want to be friends with. If they do not love and like you as you are then are they worth being friends with? That being said they might not like the attitude problem you have because you put up a wall so you would not get hurt. Don't let that overpower who you truly are in Christ.

Thank God for your life and pray that you will be filled with the vision he has for you which will fulfill a purpose for His Kingdom. =)

No comments: