Tuesday, January 13, 2009

To Be Broken

The definition of BREAK:
1. to destroy or interrupt the regularity, uniformity, continuity, or arrangement of; interrupt

2. to put an end to; overcome; stop
3. to discover the system, key, method, etc.
4. to remove a part from (a set or collection)
5.to exchange for or divide into smaller units or components
6. to make a way through; penetrate

These definitions can seem quite harsh to people who think of breaking as a bad thing. I, on the other hand, is finding out how amazing and positive it is. It can be really hard at first because you think to yourself why is everything so hard for me and why is this happening to me. God breaking me is something that has been going on the past few months. I have wanted to quit and give up, but someone close to me said that GOD WAS BREAKING ME. I thought to myself how in the world can he break me? Now I see it. I am figuring out that he is breaking me of all the things that hindered me from experiencing His presence and Word. Today I realized that I am continuously facing challenges that are somewhat painful but as I go through them I find that I am growing. I am trying to keep my head up every day and keep going and its tough. I have to remember that there is a purpose to these hard times and that through all of this I will grow and become a strong woman in Christ.

I am so excited about being set free of all my habits that hinder me from relationships with people and God. I am tired of being the same ol' me and never growing or learning. I'm sitting here crying, praying, and listening to this one song, Break Me Down, by Tenth Avenue North. Its my prayer right now to be set free and renewed.

Everyone freaked out when my Facebook status was "is being broken." They all thought it was something negative but its quite the opposite. How joyful and relieved I will be when the sun shines brighter, the world seems less saddened and my heart feels lighter. I am really struggling with letting go of some of things that have always been issues with me. I pray that God will break down those things to little pieces and renew my mind to know that everything is in His time and will. I know that and I also know right from wrong but that doesn't mean that I put that into action. We, humans, are think too much and try to figure our life before God opens the doors for us. How retarded are we? We will never know what tomorrow brings let alone the next hour. All we know is that we cannot force our plans to be what our life is to be. We must let God show us the way, not us show God our way....that doesn't make sense. He is our creator and destroyer, our lover and protector, our way and life, our light, our strength, etc....You get it I'm hoping.

To Be BROKEN is start your journey for HIS PLANS!!!!!!! Do not be foolish and not live for His cause because you have plans of your own. If you live by your plans you will not have lived at all but simply died without living. Be Broken and renew your mind as Romans 12:1-2 says.

God Bless

No comments: