Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life.Connect. Eternity.

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I am to impact the world...what's my purpose. We go through life not knowing until that perfect moment and only God knows when that is. I feel like I have so much to learn about life and the people in it. I do not want to live thinking if only I could have taken time to build a relationship with that person. I want to know that I made a difference in someone's life no matter who it is.

At this very moment I am thanking God for all He is doing right now. He is showing me who are my true friends who I can lean on during hard times. He also is giving me a new view on my life and I am wondering if my vision is His for me. I do not want to die full of potential and I do not want to live fearing death for death is just the beginning of another journey.

Some people are like puzzles and you can't quite figure them out which is good to a point I think. My one objection to those people is what are you missing? If you keep who you are a secret whether you be an extremely outgoing person or an introverted person what are you gaining from that. I guess that is just how I see it. I could be wrong but there are some people that make everything so complex about themselves that its almost taxing. All you want is a relationship with that person and they are cold as stone. Why? Only God knows truly what their heart is feeling. I love to be connected to people and sometimes I find ways that are unconventional to get that way. This past couple of months has been a struggle for me because I went the completely wrong way on trying to connect with someone. Not only was it horrible for me but also that other person. I feel awful for the whole situation but it was nice in a way to find comfort in someone. I am happy to say that now I am free from that and trying to figure out other ways to get connected.

CONNECT. What a word? We are a body if I am not mistaken that is to take the Word of God to the nations but how can we do that if the body is lacking important connections with itself. I pray that the church as whole worldwide will figure out its not about religious views or politics of the church but the Cause of the Kingdom of God. We must set ourselves on the path that leads to beauty and winning the nations not on who has the better interpretation of the Bible or the better way of going about service. I want us to get connected but first we must be connected to God and walk side by side with Him towards an amazing eternity.

Lindsey and I were talking about eternity last night and we both sat there dumbfounded because can you truly grasp how long that is....its forever!!!! We have no clue what that will be like but that should give you a little kick. Realize that people's eternities are at stake...we must reach them and help them find their way to Christ and God's Kingdom.

Think. Pray. and Grow. God Bless.

No comments: