Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Reflection, The Church, and Our Light

God did not place us on this earth so we can have salvation and just live life but to find salvation and become His hands and feet. We are to bring to people something that the world could never bring TRUTH, which brings love, joy, and answers to the hard questions of life. Our lives are based on our will to live out God's plans for them. We cannot sit and not live....it will bring us nothing.

For This I Was Born says in Chapter 2, "You are here to exemplify Jesus to the world, and your testimony, conviction, and commitment to the cause of Christ is about ushering people into relationship with a God who loves them." This is our point in life. This is our mission. To bring people to Christ. We are called.

"God's will is for he body of Christ to be a dynamic living organism that produces life and affects lives." This quote is exactly what the church needs to realize. We are not placed together as a unit just to supply ourselves with all the knowledge of knowing God and His ways and not do anything. We hold the light of Christ within us and we are to SHINE it with all we have. I think we are at a time where we are ready to be the church, tired of the complacency. How awesome is that! We are starting to get the promises and hope that God has for us.

What would there be if none of us Christians took the initiative to change the world? I ask myself how often we lose sight of our CAUSE. I realize that we are not perfect but we seem to somehow be weak and unable to keep the Cause at the forfront of our minds. We get consumed by what is going on in our lives that seem to be the biggest issue ever but really it is just a needle in an extremely big haystack.

I seem to be finding out that I lose sight very easily. Six months no dating almost seemed pointless to me today. I somehow justify the unjustifiable. I think that something that is completely unreasonable is okay. I cannot seem to grasp that I am here for something bigger than myself. I keep seeking after things that turn into something I don't want for myself or for others. I want to find joy and I know that is in Christ. I can sit and write all of this down and let people read it so that they can grow and find themselves. I, myself, get lost in my own thoughts. I sit and let things get to me not realizing that I am losing focus of the goal I am running toward. Today I opened my eyes to the realization that I cannot change the past and I cannot make things happen my way. I am under God's authority and He has set plans for me which I am to follow. I am learn His ways and promises and seek after HIS WILL. To think that I have wasted countless days on my own ambitions and desires and lost touch of what God has for me seems stupid. I know in my heart of hearts that I will be able to overcome my own self and let God come in.

No comments: