Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Abolition. What does it mean to you?

So last night I went to the 2nd Annual Home Foundation Benefit held by Natalie Grant. I became very informed on a subject that I knew little about and that is human trafficking (sex trafficking). There are over 12 million sex slaves around the world and 325,000 are here in our own U.S. How crazy is that? I feel that God has called us first to love with Him with all we have and second go out unto all the earth and spread the Word of God with love to all. I find it interesting that a lot of people leave out the first step of the process. We must give God our whole being in order to fully spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We are filled with purpose and filled with the passion to change the world but we must have a relationship with God to do that I think. Our purpose is not to live our lives our we see fit but to let God use us. I do not know if I will/would ever be called to work for such a cause but I can support those that are a part of it and let that piece move towards the plans that God has for me.

Last night Natalie Grant told us the origin of the song, "God of this City." I had no clue that it all started in a brothel on the other side of the world where an Irish group started singing, "Greater things are yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city." I mean what a thought. God is not done with us yet, in fact He has just begun workings through us. I do not find it strange that we have lost focus on where God is leading us. We are at a point our journeys that we are ready to become a park of something bigger than ourselves. God can provide us with just that. He can open our eyes to the things unseen. We believe in a power that is completely invisible yet He has just great power that He leads us through this crazy ride called Life.

I find it hard to believe that two out of three people who saw the shirt we recieved which says "Abolitionist" on it. Both of them had no clue what abolition is and one of them didn't know it still existed.

How sad is it that we go through our lives and our educations and learn what it means but don't really grasp that its ongoing. If you do not know what abolition means, it means "freeing of slaves." We are called by God to inform and get the word out about this issue. We must stand together as a church and overcome satan's plan. He cannot and will not win! I think we should all support those who are working for the cause and giving the opportunity to be motivated. I guess all I can say is PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! Pray that God will give those under this oppression freedom and that WE will STAND UP and put an end to such evil!

Think. Pray. God Bless. Love.

No comments: