Monday, February 16, 2009

Is Your Faith Strong Enough to Move Mountains?

This morning I read a blog of one of my close friends and it opened my eyes. She spoke about faith and how God tells us anything is possible. I think we as humans lose sight of what God has for us. We look at the possibilities and slowly scratch them off the list thinking they are impossible...how sad! We do not have enough faith to trust that God CAN DO ANYTHING!! Think about it. There is nothing in the whole world and universe that is not possible for Him to do. I think not only do we as individuals not have enough faith but I think the church as a whole lacks it. I think we look at things that Christ and his apostles did with amazement and can only imagine what it would be like to heal the sick with the touch of our hands, cast out demons, etc. The reality is we have that ability also. We are told by Christ that we will do things even greater than He did. Can we even wrap our heads around that concept? I think at this point in all of our journeys not truly. We are at a place where we can believe it and know it but not truly have faith in it. Maybe I am completely off base but I don't think I am. I think all of us need to step up and truly have Faith that can move a mountain. How cool is that?

The song Healer by Hillsong has a line that is repeated several times and it is something that should excite so much that we cannot contain ourselves. It says, "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!" That should not be a sobering moment for us when we sing those words but a time where we truly realize that God is capable of anything. He created everything so how could He be handicapped from doing certain things. A lot of things in life that we think He can't do are minute in nature. Our problems are not as big as we make them. Of course, some things are big in nature and we should definitely run to God in those times.

But why not ask God for everything and at the same time have a relationship where we are listening to His counsel and letting Him open our eyes to our purpose in life. I think that is one of the things we don't do enough. We all pray and ask God for what we need and give Him thanks but do we stop to hear what He has for us. I think a lot of the times we are in a rush to get through our time with God when truly we should be in a rush to get to that time. I myself struggle spending time in God's Word and listening to Him but I am making an effort. I want to not only hear the Scripture taught at church but challenge myself with the Scripture. It is not just a book filled with words but with Truth. Every part of our life can correlate with His Word. All of the answers are in it so why don't we read it more often. I myself find my time filled with school and work and church, etc. But I don't take the time I'm not doing anything to read it. I am sitting and trying to figure out whats next on my agenda. Boo! That's no good at all. I think that His Word and Our Faith are two things that we need to hone in on and really work on. We should be church that is knowledgable in the Scripture, is full of the Spirit, and has unending Faith. I know our human nature gets in the way of so many of those things because we get distracted by what we want and what we think we need.

Are all things your pursuing things that God would want you to pursue? Think about it. Are all of your relationships God-filled? Do you trust in God enough to know that He will sustain you? Are you falling in love with Your Father in Heaven? Those are all questions you should ask yourself. I have been asking myself these questions a lot lately. I think if you don't have the ability to ask yourself questions and to challenge life then you are not growing. I think challenging yourself is something that is very important...asking those tough questions and looking to God for an answer.

Think about your Faith and the Faith of our church. Do we believe that we are able to everything in Christ Jesus or are we lacking Faith in Him? Do we work daily to grow and fall more in love with God? Do we believe that the church can do even greater things than Christ?

Just remember NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE BUT POSSIBLE THROUGH CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD!!!!!

No comments: