Friday, February 20, 2009

Dripping, Leaning, Loving God. Eyes Becoming Open.

Last night I went to SlowBurn and Clint spoke about hearing God's voice. Do we hear it? I think that we do but I think sometimes we don't focus on it. We are to "lean in" and listen to what God is speaking into our life. If you think about it like I did after his sermon last night we should hear from God daily...speaking LIFE into us. We are not to be a people who are discouraged but encouraged. How cool would it be if we all listened to the voice of God daily and let Him lead us down the path He has chosen for each and every single one of us. I can only imagine at this point what that would be like? How would the church look? I think there would be less politics and more GOD. I find that religiosity is in every church in some shape or form. There are some that have overcome it and are seeking the Kingdom of God with their whole being.

Something that always throws me off with Christians is there thought that one denomination is better than another...that is a lie. Everyone has their own view of worship and that is amazing but we seem to forget that we are all God's church. We are not supposed to over analyze the Bible and take things to the utmost extreme but we are to live for our God. The things that denominations debate and bicker about are pointless. One goal, one mission...that is the church. We are to seek God with everything we have and love one another as ourselves....then we can as a unit spread the gospel to the nations. Well, that was definitely not where I was thinking this blog was gonna go....

So...here are some questions to ask yourself: Am I seeking God with all my being? Am I loving God's children? And is my church going in the direction of seeking the Kingdom as a unit and connecting with other churches to bring glory to God?

I don't think we are in a place right now where we can completely claim one or the other when it comes to the church. We need to learn to be a family and a strong unit so we can defend ourselves against Satan. He is attacking from every angle and we must be ready for battle. Satan has become very good at telling you lies...things that you wouldn't think but seem to enter your mind like: "Your not good enough." "You're ugly." "No one cares about you." etc.

If you hear those things you cannot ever think that you think them or that God is telling you that because it from the Father of Lies. He is ready and willing to do whatever it takes to win but God has a plan to defeat Satan through those times of attack. I myself struggle with doubt that God is ready and willing to work with me. I know that He is and that He is here with me at all time but sometimes I hear that voice telling me I'm on my own...and I have fallen into the trap before. Last night God spoke to me and told me, " Doubt will try to flood your mind: SEND IT AWAY! Pray in my name that it will go away and it will." Wow! I was like that is exactly what I needed to hear.

Clint speaks a lot about dripping Jesus and letting Him flow through you...what he says every week was confirmed to me....God also said to me, "Live a holy life full of me...filled to the brim where you will drip me with every word you say and everything you do." What a thought...dripping the love of Christ. That's awesome!!!! I feel like Clint was right when he said we should hear from God daily. Why not? He is our Father and King. If we listen he will speak Life and not lies like those of Satan.

Life...what is life? The definition of life is: 1) the course of existence or sum of experiences and actions that constitute a person's existence 2) a biography 3) the force that makes or keeps something alive; the vivifying or quickening principle......hmm...those are all great definitions and those are a only three. I think that to define life is very scientific because when you think of life you think of what is nonliving (the inorganic) and the living (organic).

To have life spoken to you is almost like getting a fresh breath of air that has no pollution or chemicals in it...PURE! Life is something that we can define and put boundaries on but God's Life is something without boundaries....it brings us joy, peace, patience, self-worth, an end to suffering, a new beginning, a smile, a healed heart, and the list goes on and on and on. Why not serve this amazing God who will deliver you from all the things that Satan has placed in the world? Answer that and I will be amazed. If you can honestly say that suffering is better than freedom then I find that crazy!!!!
Remember this verse as you go through your days: Matthew 4:4 "Jesus said,'It takes more than bread to stay alive. It take a steady stream of words from God's mouth.'" That's beautiful.

Lean in and hear the Lord your God speak to you. Let Him fill you up to the brim and let you drip.

No comments: