Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blessed. Vision. Doubt. Thoughts.

This morning I had a revelation, I realized that I am truly blessed. I was looking for my car because silly me lost it in the parking lot. I was talking to my friend Kallie when I realized I was complaining about being cold. I found my car and then headed home. On the way, I started to think of all of those people who are less fortunate than me that are freezing outside because they lack shelter. Those are the people that we are called to help but we are also called to heal the sick, cast out demons, etc.

On that note I want to talk about the service I went to tonight. The name of it is SlowBurn and it is headed up by a guy named Clint Thomas who is truly called by God to encourage and speak to us what God has in store for us. We are to love God with ALL of our heart, soul, mind, and strength....for some reason I feel like I've heard that before. Jesus says that is our goal of a relationship with our Father. We cannot have a relationship with Him without sacrifice of self and fully giving EVERYTHING to Him.

God really messed me up tonight because I was praying really hard about some issues that I've been struggling with lately and I for some reason couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to be prayed for by my friend Natasha. After a good bit of time of just seeking Him I realized that I should just walk up to her. I gave her a huge hug and started weeping and she started praying. She opened my eyes to what kind of person God has called me to be. That person is someone who is there for people and gives them joy in a time of sadness and helps them through struggles. I am meant to encourage others to not be down. What a blessing!!!! She saw a vision of a white clawfoot bathtub filled with bubbles and some Mr. Bubbles bubble bath next to it. That is me, the bubbles that is.

My whole life I have been a very happy/joyful person and not much can get me down. This past year or so I have really started to struggle with pessimism. I was starting to doubt my ability to do things that in the past I was confident in knowing that I could. Also, I was not as happy with my life and I had nothing to be sad about. I let Satan weasel his way into my mind and make me doubt. Doubt is something that can ruin a person's relationships with God and people as well as make them have lower self-esteem. I think that letting doubt come into your life is a scary thing. Now that I see that that is what was blocking my view from seeking God and finding myself worthy I can truly say I am relieved. For the longest time I thought I was just failing but now I know it was a trick and that I should not fall into that.

A little something I wrote tonight:
I am no longer to hold to those things that are full of anger, pain, suffering, jealousy, envy but I am to walk in truth. When I see a problem in my way I should seek my Father and go to that person. Do not let those problems eat you alive because if you do you will be consumed with the thing of darkness. LET GO!!! Behold the life where there is no weight being/trapping you in a place of complacency. Sadness is something that lets you lose sight of where you are going. Your eyes are blurred from the tears and pain. Joy will come and you will not see the world as you did in darkness but in the true light of God. Find yourself in a place of quiet rest and peace, not a place of war and restlessness.
Life is something to be lived not lost. Loneliness is not to be a thought in your mind. We are to seek God with EVERYTHING!!! We should not doubt He is here. Doubt and distraction are all around us. We cannot and will not let that take away from our walk with God. We are to fall in love and receive strength from Him. Do not be afraid of the journey but fear the Lord! He will open your eyes, carry you through the tims that you are lost.
Do not be afraid of change because change is exciting, new and may seem dark at times but through the dark times is light. Struggle will never fully be gone because we will have a walk with roadblocks (our human nature). The whole thing in the nutsheel is life is not all rainbows and sunshine but also time of storms and rain.
Pray. Have relationship and friendship with God. The devil, Satan, brings the world destruction and the Lord, Our Father, brings rebuilding and creation.

I know that is a lot to sink in but think about it. Our world is full of awful things and we are called to change those things. Not only that but we are also called to fall in love, head over heels, with God. We are to give Him everything good and bad and build a strong relationship where you can speak honestly to Him like you would your best friend. I am praying that God will move your heart and that He will open your eyes to the things unknown to you.

Love.

No comments: