Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friends and Blessings.

Every now and then God throws something awesome your way and you need to it all in. Lately I have realized how amazing life is for me right now. Of course, there are the usual struggles that I go through but I am truly 100% sure that God is blessing me immensely right now. This weekend showed me two things: 1. that I am ready to see what God has for me in the near future and present and 2. that no matter what happens good/bad I need to show my thanks to God.

I am blessed to have an amazing friend named Lauren and she proves herself a true friend to the core. If I needed her for anything she would be there and she and I are willing to call each other out. Tonight Ben Anderson spoke about Friendship Love at Fast Love. I was sitting and thinking of the connections I have made with people and what brought us together in the first place. I can't put my finger on how some of my friendships began but they have bloomed this last season like a field in the midst of spring. I feel like friendships should glorify God in every way. How you speak, what you do, where you go, a Godly foundation are all important things that form a strong bond between two people. Lauren and I have something that we love doing and that is having those deep heartfelt conversations about life, God, etc. We both are filled with passion and we feed off of each....its amazing! 

My relationship with God has definitely helped with my friendships. I have made wiser decisions and deeper connections. Why is having a good relationship with God important when it comes to friendship? I think it is important because with Him you truly aren't living. You are not growing in His name every single day or letting His Spirit flow through you on a constant basis. I love the thought that Christ lives in us and works through us. It is a constant flow with exponential possibilities. He gives us His power and through that we are to live lives that He finds acceptable. I think friendships are the basis of who you are. Your friends show what you are interested in, where your heart lies, and what your personality is like...

On another note,  I want everyone out there to realize that you DON'T need to have loads and loads of friends. I find that the less you have the closer you are to them. If you spread yourself to thin with "friends" then how much are you truly giving. I have two best friends who I look up to and who I would give anything for. Then I have my next closest friends who pour into my life constantly and give me a sense of pure joy. Then I myself have loads of people I just talk to that are not really by friends but I care a lot about. God is the sole reason for living and He has made me feel that every single person on this whole wide world should know they are loved and valued. So whether or not you think you have a lot friends, you have a lot of people you can pour into. Don't doubt for a second that God has not placed you in that moment for nothing. Its for something unknown to you and me. Let God use you and He will bless you. Know that who you have for friends is who God has placed in your life for this season to pour into your life. 

Well, I guess thats all for now.
God Bless.

No comments: