Thursday, February 12, 2009

Procrastination and Relationships

Today was a day of school, sleep, and interesting conversation. I realized a lot tonight about myself and how far I have come in the last few months. I am not a "flirt" anymore which I am super proud of. I also have grown so much in my relationship with God. He has brought me so much peace and happiness lately that when something bad comes along I think that I will definitely know that the positive is better to look at. Life isn't to be lived in a negative way but positive.

Tonight I went to dinner with two of my close friends, Lauren and Stephen. We were talking about relationships and I looked at my past thinking how immature I was. I went through a phase where that was all I wanted and now I am at point where I know that God will bring someone into my life when He sees fit. I mean I shouldn't just sit in anticipation but grow and live my life. I have so much life to live that why worry about that. I have school, family, friends, church, work, etc. Those things are on the top of my list but none of these things will work out without my first priority being God. I must seek Him with all I have and let Him take the reigns. I no longer am my own but God's. Hmm...I love the sound of that.

I have four tests next week and a lot to do this weekend and next week. In the past, I would freak out and not know what to do with myself so I would procrastinate. One of my friend's moms told me, "funny girl - because you get behind, and it all piles up and then you get frustrated and the quality of your work goes out the window...need more reasons?! Oh yeah - the big one - God doesn't want you to procrastinate - He has give us everything we need for life - so use it." That helped a lot and now I am really starting to work my homework now. I cannot wait for next week to be over but at the same time I am going to enjoy my weekend with everything I have.

God Bless.

No comments: