Wednesday, March 11, 2009

With Everything We Seek His Word

I want you to stop and think of a time when everything was perfect....isnt easy is it? There are times in your life and mine where God is moving with an amazing force and then all of a sudden your attacked. Like in my last blog I explained what happened this last week....Now I WANT TO SEEK MY GOD EVEN HARDER, WITH GREATER PASSION, WITH GREATER LOVE! That is where Satan messes up...He can attack but he will not prevail because he is not God. He brings pain not peace. I think you would agree that peace is amazing and pain is never desired by one human being.

Yesterday I was doing my devotional and I had bought a book a couple weeks ago with daily devotionals. I had missed four devotionals do to the distractions and my forgetfulness to push through even harder at the moment. Every single one of them had to do with my last week...even in the slightest. Two of them had the verse of Philippians 4:8. I know verses 6 and 7 because I try and read them every day when I get into car because they are written on a notecard that is on my visor. I cannot forget about that next verse though because it says,"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." That is amazing. Verses 6 and 7 tell us not to worry about anything but pray about everything giving thanks to God and asking him for our every need. Then we will experience peace which passes all we can understand. This peace will then guard our hearts and our minds.

So the three main things you are told you recieve or are able to have: 1. the ableness to pray to God for anything not having any worries, 2. a peace which passes all understanding, and 3. thoughts full of truth, honor, rightness, pureness, lovliness, and admiration.....wow!

How could we not want to dig into our word and find things such as this. If we aren't looking for answers in our Word and in prayer but in the world...Satan is beginning to win the battle and God is losing countless to the world.....The answer is for us to fall on our knees seeking God with everything. And looking to His Word for guidance and answers to the questions of our heart. They are there and you might not find them when you first look but God will reveal them to you in time. Seek and pray....always!

God Bless and Love you all!

No comments: