Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good Advice

So college...what a crazy thing. First you have no assignments and then all of sudden a flood of tests come your way! Not cool! Tonight I was studying for my Anatomy Lab Practical and will continue to study after I get done writing and I thought to myself...do I really wanna study? I texted one of my friend's mom who is an amazing woman of God and her name is Stephanie. =)

I always talk to her about procrastinating because she always just tells me DONT DO IT! Ha...that sounds too easy. I was expecting a text back and then came an unexpected phone call....yay me! She told me I should make a list of pros and cons to see which would be the better route for me. Of course....studying is the smart way to go. We continued talking about whats been going on in my life and how I felt like everything was changing and being taken away just when I thought I had a good balance of school, friends, family, my walk with God, etc. She said that maybe what I think is a good balance might not be that of my God. He might have completely different plans for me. Hm...that made me think about everything that has been going on in my life these past three weeks. I told her I just feels like its been struggle after struggle and she gave me some good meat to chew on. she spoke to me about how sometimes God takes away certain things so that we can get the best we possibly can from Him and with Him. He might and probably won't permanently remove that something/someone but those hard times those struggles could just be God telling to focus on Him. I also talked about how I have been praying to let go of what's going on in my life and I feel like I still am holding on to the ends of it. I then was told that I need to pray that God will let me know when it is being taken so that I can let go of it. I mean I think I have said before that sometimes I pick up things that I have felt in the past and they then affect how I act and who I can be. Lately, I haven't been as bubbly but somewhat sad. Everything seems to have collapsed on my shoulders and I don't like it. I know that life is a learning process and that through life we must lean on God and listen to Him which is something I put on hold when I was dealing with some of my issues these last few weeks...BAD IDEA! I needed to lean in harder than ever before which is what I know I must do now to accomplish my goal to grow closer and fall in love with my God.

I guess that's all for now. God Bless and Much love.

No comments: