Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Joyful!

So the last two days I've realized that worrying is completely pointless. The Scriptures even say that. Philippians 4:6-7 says, "Do not worry about anything but pray about everything...." For some reason I forgot that. That verse got me through my first two semesters of college and then all of sudden it became foreign to me. Silly me! All the things I have been dealing with and worrying about are problems that I should pray about and leave in His hands alone.

Why in the world should I try anything on my own or even try to figure out where my life is going by myself? I have the Creator of the Universe and My Father to help me with that. That is very comforting to me. I just have to remember that every day. Pray to God to remind me to not worry. Several people brought to my attention that the problems and things in my life that are bothering me right now are going to be insignificant..and honestly I am insignificant or at least I should be in God's eyes. I and the rest of the human race are screw-ups. We make wrong decisions every day but God brought us one of the greatest gifts by Jesus Christ coming to the earth and sacrificing himself...Grace and Mercy. Beautiful things.

So now I guess its my ability to lay down the things that are getting to me. Also, its my decision whether to be selfish or not. Lately that's what I've wanted to be...selfish. Why in the world should I be patient and willing to let God work when I want this and that. Ha....DUH MEGAN...He knows you better than you know yourself and He has bigger and better plans for you than you can even comprehend. You just have to be willing to dream big enough and have faith that He will bring you through....

I have now shared my revelation which I am sure I will have more than once in my life because worrying is one of my worst enemies in life...that and wanting what I know I don't need.


I don't know if this is going to help anyone but it sure is amazing to me how awesome God is....He shows/tells you exactly what He wants you to know whether you are willing to listen or not. He gave me a few people who kept saying the same thing over and over and I found a letter that someone wrote me a long time telling me not to worry but God's got it.

Ha.....just think...God knows what yours issues are...don't let them get you down...give them to God and know that He'll give you a solution, know that He loves you, and read James 1....the reoccurring scripture in my life.

God Bless and Much Love to you! Also, Happy Fourth!

No comments: