Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Thoughts for sure...

Right now I am listening to "Hurricane" by Jimmy Needham. I feel like this song encompasses so much of what I want right now. I love it! "I need you like a hurricane. Thunder crashing wind and rain. To tear my walls down..I'm only yours now. I need you like a burning flame. A wildfire untamed...to burn these walls down...I'm only yours now, I'm only yours now." I feel like that is exactly what I'm doing...building walls...which is in no way good.

I guess I'm just tired of getting burned. Tonight one of my closest friends, Bri, my friend's cousin, and I were sitting at Starbuck's and asking questions...one being.."What are five words that describe your life?" Hm...I thought. These are the five I chose...SILLY, INTERESTED, PROTECTIVE, JOYFUL, and HONEST...I really think that sums me up.

I have a lot of thoughts right now and I'm not sure how I am going to sum them all up.

I guess I can start with how that song I mentioned kind of cuts me to the core. Sometimes I feel like I don't give him everything and I give myself to other things. It kind of ties in with the book I'm reading at the moment...Crazy Love. Its a challenging book and I have almost quit because its been messing me up. I think I might just have to start over. Its crazy how words on a page can change your perspective and challenge you. The book calls you out on things cannot even imagine...now that I think about it..I'm gonna go read...maybe then I can put a complete thought together.

No comments: