Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rockin My World and Having Meaning

So today God ROCKED MY WORLD just like He said He would start doing. God spoke through one of my good friends, Carlos. He opened my eyes to what has been going on around me the last year and the poison that has been seeping into my body...sarcasm, perversion, tearing down, etc. All things that I have become accustomed to lately...sarcasm has always kind of been in my life but the rest nope...not really. God has really working on my heart and letting me know that I need to let go of some people and some things...I have not been completely obedient..half-doing. Losing people is hard but necessary sometimes. All I could do was breakdown and cry because it breaks my heart that things have come to pass like this.

I realized that I am just being enabled to continue my same old pattern by the people around me and Satan. He is telling me it is okay to continue my actions and thoughts which is false. It is not okay and it must be put to an end because I am not giving my all to God. I am not fully opening my heart to the plan He has for me. I continue to search and seek out what I think will satisfy and those things never will. Only what God provides will bring satisfaction.

Sunday night I worshipped like I haven't in ages...there was so much passion and renewal and then the next night I fell right back into the same ole stuff....not worth it or permanent. All wordly things will fade away and become dust.

James 5:1-6 "Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you."


Now that is a cut isn't it. Verse 3 is the real hard hitter..."Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire.." Dang...think about that...

Changing the flow of this page I wanted to bring up a quote that Carlos brought up. I will not be able to get it exact but basically Jesus does not do meaningless. So many of our conversations with people are empty and meaningless and if you think about it we might not ever see that person again. We must always be mindful of our conversation and avoid the awkward filler. We must fill our lives with deep meaningful and sometimes light-hearted conversation. Why not? Why waste words...why not fill someone's life with joy and life in itself...that sounds awesome. As you can tell I have a lot on my mind and God is continuing to show me some awesome things.

Another thing that was brought to my attention was that we are not to be comfortable with where we are with God...to be comfortable is to be completely content with you and God's relationship. That's silly. We should always want more and strive for a better loving relationship with Him. Yes we fall short of the glory of God but there is mercy and grace which Christ sacrificed himself for. Am I right? This is a topic that seems to come up often at SlowBurn because we must burn for HIM who created us! Isn't that crazy awesome! To love God with everything we have...Matthew 22:37 is a verse which is to be lived by...so LETS DO IT!!!

May God bless you and may you never stop pursuing His Love and Mercy....Its amazing and will fill all of the holes you're replacing with worldly things. LOVE YOU!

No comments: